Thursday, April 11, 2013

McLies

Surprisingly enough, I was the DD again this weekend and what better place to take a car full of drunk girls than McDonald's to let the grease soak up all the alcohol they took in hours before? This was not even a week after I did my research on McDonald's and was not as upset as I was the last time I went. I couldn't bring myself to actually order anything this time but I stood in line with my friend while she ordered another Happy Meal. Like last weekend, they asked if she wanted apple slices with it. So far so good. When the meal came to us, I looked everywhere for a label of some sort or a list of the ingredient on the wrapper, but I got nothing. I could have sworn I read in a paper about how they came out with labels for the wrappers so I was a little skeptical if that was just McDonald's pretending to make a change. I went up to the counter and asked if they did what they said they do and she responded with "We have a nutrition sheet but I think we ran out." I was taken back by this response. If McDonald's is the worlds largest fast food chain and is trying to make a change for the better, then how could they possibly be out of nutrition labels? It's not like they can't afford paper, or ink so why don't they have any? Then that led to me questioning everything they claimed they were doing. Were there any nutrition labels in the first place? If I wasn't skeptical about McDonald's before, I definitely am now. Should we trust them at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment